- Maximum usability and efficiency for professional and occasional editors
- New integration modules for SharePoint® 2010 and Liferay
Dortmund, February, 2 2012 – e-Spirit (www.e-Spirit.com) will be presenting the upcoming major release of its Content Management System (CMS) FirstSpirit 5 for the first time at CeBIT 2012 (Hall 6, Stand G26), from March 6 – 10. The new version of FirstSpirit will be launched on the market in September and will ensure extraordinarily high usability, for both frontend and backend users. It contains numerous new developments as well as further enhancements of existing features in both editing environments, WebClient and JavaClient, and with UX Bridge it includes a new infrastructure module for easy implementation of dynamic web pages.
Under the Content Integration Platform theme, in addition to the tried and tested portal integrations for SAP NetWeaver and IBM WebSphere, e-Spirit will be presenting the new modules for Microsoft SharePoint® 2010 and Liferay Portal. In live demos, visitors to the trade fair will experience how companies with the FirstSpirit AppCenter can quickly and easily integrate web applications directly into their CMS and therefore facilitate the work of their online editors.
FirstSpirit 5: Positive frontend and backend user experience
The new major release FirstSpirit 5 optimizes the two central factors for the success of a website: user experience and content. Highly topical, relevant content optimally presented, ensures a positive user experience and therefore for regularly returning website visitors and better conversion rates. For in-house users, i.e. the employees in the editing, PR, marketing and functional departments, the benefits of positive user experience is efficient content management processes. “The new release is the result of consistent continued development of e-Spirit’s product philosophy”, says Jörn Bodemann, CEO of e-Spirit. “With the integration strength, efficiency optimization and absolute usability of FirstSpirit 5 we are setting new standards.”
WebEdit 5: Maximum usability for fast and easy content maintenance
FirstSpirit 5 gets a completely redeveloped WebClient with improved user concept. The new WebEdit 5 editing environment more specifically addresses the requirements and needs of occasional editors, who want to edit content quickly and above all easily, without any great effort. Complex functions and structures have been removed from the user interface of the new WebClient; it is now clearer and can therefore be used more intuitively. Time-saving functions have been added, such as drag-and-drop support.
JavaClient: All editing tools under one interface
The FirstSpirit JavaClient is the central editing cockpit, which provides all functions and required tools under a central interface. Here professional editors can easily implement complex tasks, merge content from all kinds of different source systems and deploy it in any channels and projects required. At CeBIT 2012, e-Spirit will be showing new application integrations for the FirstSpirit AppCenter, with which any (web) applications required, can be directly integrated into the CMS editing interface with their familiar look and functionality. In this way, e.g. online image databases, Google Maps/Earth/Translate or office programs can be used in the JavaClient, which significantly simplifies the editing processes.
UX-Bridge: Connecting content and user experience
With FirstSpirit 5, e-Spirit provides new infrastructure for highly dynamic web pages: UX-Bridge ensures a positive user experience in the frontend. It enables live updates of content directly on the web page and acts as an integration platform for the live website, e.g. for integrating social media solutions, for content targeting or user generated content.
Content integration platform: Portal integration for Sharepoint 2010, Liferay & Co.
With FirstSpirit and its portal integration solutions, even highly complex, extensive IT infrastructures can be efficiently used and maintained. e-Spirit will be presenting the new module for Microsoft SharePoint® 2010 for the first time at the CeBIT. With it, users can easily and conveniently implement extensive multi-site management and multi-lingual web projects in SharePoint environments. The leading open source portal provider Liferay will also be presenting itself and its portal on the e-Spirit stand. The Liferay portal supports social media applications such as forums, blogs and wikis to a particular extent. e-Spirit will also be showing the certified integrations in SAP NetWeaver and IBM WebSphere, which are already successfully being used in many companies.
Large trade fair appearance: Thirteen partners as co-exhibitors
Thirteen e-Spirit partners will also be represented at the e-Spirit Stand G26, Hall 6:
- IT service provider adesso, with its SocialNetworking and MobilePublisher, will be showing new modules for the direct publication of content in social networks as well as for the development and management of mobile portals/applications directly from FirstSpirit.
- The full-service provider and e-business specialist ARITHNEA will be showing the modules they have developed for linking FirstSpirit with DMS, MAM and PIM systems as well as online shops and social media channels.
- communicode, an experienced e-business service company will be presenting its in-house development TMS-Connect® for efficient translation management, with which multi-lingual Internet presences can be quickly and easily maintained.
- edoras, a specialist for the implementation of intelligent ECM and PIM systems, will be presenting its new business solution “FirstSpirit Atlassian Confluence Integration”.
- ETHALON, IT solutions provider and integration expert, will be presenting the IBM WebSphere portal integration for FirstSpirit, with which editorial content from the CMS can be seamlessly integrated into the existing portal system.
- HLP, SAP service partner and longstanding service provider with a high degree of portal competence in the area of SAP NetWeaver will be informing about the seamless integration of FirstSpirit into the SAP NetWeaver Portal.
- The Internet agency kernpunkt will be presenting national and international web projects using FirstSpirit, it will provide information about SEO with FirstSpirit and show the possibilities of Enterprise Search.
- Liferay Portal is an enterprise web platform for building business solutions that deliver immediate results and long-term value. At CeBIT visitors can learn more about the leading enterprise open source portal in the market.
- Logica, a specialist for management and technology consulting, system integration and infrastructure and business process outsourcing and application management, will be showing its new solution for the integration of FirstSpirit into the JBOSS enterprise portal.
- The IT service company MATERNA, amongst others specialized in web and content management projects, will be presenting its integration module for FirstSpirit with Microsoft SharePoint® 2010.
- MovingIMAGE24, a specialist for video streaming and video management, will be presenting the newest version of its video cloud solution VideoManager 6 and will be showing how the FirstSpirit interface can be used to even more conveniently integrate and manage videos in web pages.
- SHE, IT service provider, hosting expert and secure private cloud supplier will be showing hosting solutions and how highly complex web projects can be designed, implemented and migrated.
- USU, as a Liferay service partner, will be showing the Liferay integration for FirstSpirit and how content, collaboration and business applications can be skillfully linked.
Further information on all co-exhibitors and the e-Spirit topics at CeBIT 2012 and the ability to arrange appointments on the stand are available on the microsite: http://cebit.e-Spirit.com.
As the manufacturer of the content management system FirstSpirit?, e-Spirit is a technological leader in the field of web content management (WCM). Well-known customers from all business sectors rely on FirstSpirit? for implementing successful web strategies worldwide and for the creation, management and publication of content in highly diverse channels (Internet, intranet, extranet, mobile channels, PDF, email newsletters, portals, DTP, technical documentation). The content management system impresses with its outstanding integratability and its consistent best-of-breed strategy: It integrates seamlessly into complex system landscapes and portals (SAP NetWeaver, IBM WebSphere, Microsoft SharePoint, Liferay), and with FirstSpirit? AppCenter, e-Spirit offers the unique opportunity in the market for interface integration of any web applications directly into the CMS. As a content integration platform, FirstSpirit? meets the highest demands for usability, performance and investment security.
e-Spirit was founded in 1999. It is a part of the adesso Group and is represented with 12 locations in Germany, the United States, Great Britain, Austria and Switzerland. www.e-Spirit.com
470 Atlantic Avenue
MA 02210 Boston
+1 877 71 E-SPIRIT
Schwartz Public Relations
+49 (0) 89-211 871-34
read full post from press release from