Waverider Auctions announces June 23, 2012 as ‘Vintage Surfboard Appraisal Day’ for Charity
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., June 7, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Waverider Auctions is producing the “2012 U.S. Vintage Surf Charity Auction and Ocean Art Sale” to be held on August 18, 2012 at the Hilton Hotel Waterfront Beach Resort in “Surf City USA” Huntington Beach, Calif.
Charities benefiting from a percentage of the auction fees include: The International Surf Museum, Surfrider Foundation, Wounded Warriors Project and CHOC Hospital of Orange County, according to Seth Schiller, producer of the event.
On Saturday, June 23, 2012, between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. the public is invited to have their vintage surfboard or surf memorabilia appraised, by Gary “Seahag” Sahagen, former Director and Trustee of the International Surf Museum and one of the worlds foremost authenticators of surfboards and surfing artifacts.
A Portion of the $25.00 appraisal fee will be donated to the above-mentioned charities.
“Who knows, that old surfboard your grandfather rode in the 1950′s -60′s could be worth thousands of dollars today,” exclaimed Mr. Schiller.
“Why not dig it out of your garage, bring it down to Huntington Beach, on Saturday June 23rd and get it appraised for charity and possible inclusion in the ‘live’ charity auction event on August 18, 2012.”
The appraisal location is in the downtown offices of Waverider Auctions, at 305 Orange Ave. Suite E, Huntington Beach, CA 92648.
Call Seth Schiller for more information: 714-594-3931, or http://waveriderauctions.com.
News Source: Waverider Auctions :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at the Send2Press for Journalists Portal: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on June 7, 2012 at 8:58 am, and is filed under Auction and Online Auctions, Events, Gary Seahag Sahagen, US Vintage Surf Charity Auction, Water Sports, Waverider Auctions. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Healthcare Insights to Exhibit Costing Solutions at Becker’s Hospital Review Annual Meeting in Chicago
- NCGA House of Representatives to Honor Hoogstra, Hendersonville Hospice Contributions with Resolution
- Charity Car Show to Benefit local Boy Scouts and Shoppers Can Receive a Gift with $150 Purchase
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn Selected to Showcase in Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Laguna College of Art and Design Announces Jonathan Burke Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Celebration of 35th Anniversary
- Homecare-Friendly Long-Term Care Plans from ACSIA Partners Let Seniors Continue Living at Home and Save Money Too
- DocMagic to Launch Collaborative Closing Platform to Meet TRID Requirements
- Release and Book Signing of BioTE Medical President Gary Donovitz M.D. ‘Age Healthier Live Happier’ at Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG) Conference
- Innovative Technique to Cover Up Tattoos at BLVD Tattoo Studio
- Want your children to thrive and become goal-setting high achievers? Tune in to the Lads to Leaders documentary