U.S. Patent Office Issues Sixth Patent Covering ‘Zero-Footprint’ Medical Image Viewers to Heart Imaging Technologies, LLC
DURHAM, N.C., May 1, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Heart IT, the global leader that pioneered the first FDA approved zero footprint medical imaging workstation, WebPAX®, announced today the award of its sixth patent covering “zero-footprint” medical image viewing technologies. “Zero-footprint” technologies allow health care professionals to view medical images using any computing platform with a standard Internet web browser.
This includes Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla’s Firefox, Apple’s Safari, and Google’s Chrome on Windows-based desktop and laptop PCs in addition to Macintosh-based desktops and laptops. Further, WebPAX® enables users of mobile devices to access medical images through standard browsers on Apple’s iPad and iPhone, as well as all Google Android tablets and cell phones.
Without “zero-footprint” technologies, medical images can only be viewed by installing proprietary software that is different for each web browser, each operating system, and each hardware device.
U.S. Patent Number 8166381 issued on April 24, 2012. Heart IT’s “zero footprint” intellectual property portfolio also includes five previously-issued U.S. Patents: 6934698, 7457656, 7668835, 7958100, and 8055636. HeartIT’s intellectual property coverage for its issued patents extends through the year 2025. Additional related patents are pending review by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
About Heart IT:
Founded in 2000 and headquartered near North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park, Heart IT is a global leader in the medical image web enablement field. Their flagship product, WebPAX®, was the world’s first FDA approved zero foot-print medical image workstation. It provides web-based medical image management technology and services to health care systems, large hospitals and private clinics as well as drug and device companies sponsoring multi-center clinical trials. Worldwide, WebPAX® systems currently provide secure web browser access to over one billion medical images. For more information visit our website at http://www.heartit.com .
“WebPAX” is a registered trademark of Heart Imaging Technologies, LLC. All other trademarks acknowledged.
News Source: Heart Imaging Technologies :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 1, 2012 at 8:59 am, and is filed under Durham, DURHAM, N.C., Heart Imaging Technologies, Heart IT WebPAX, Internet, Medical and Health Products, North Carolina, Patent and Trademark. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Incident Triggers Investigation as to Whether Patient Information May Have Been Improperly Accessed
- Remo Recover for Android: Remo’s New Android Data Recovery Application Launched
- VirtualTech Believes EaseUS’ Data Backup and Recovery Solution is a Better Choice
- Hollywood Meets Nashville as Jane Bach, Sandra Piller, Kelly Fitzgerald and Joey Sykes Perform a Songwriter’s Round at Genghis Cohen
- EPIC adds Patrick McCaleb and Phil Grove as Principals in Fresno
- SpaceX Utilizes Tiger-Tight Corp’s Friction Washer Technology for Its First Mission to The International Space Station
- Young Marines youth organization announces the Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Division Awards program with DEA
- Five Questions to Ask a Long-Term Care Specialist Following the Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
- PCM Field Services and Lake Forest Community Association to Help Family in Need
- Anytime Collect 2.0.4 Provides Automated Accounts Receivable and Collections Management for Business Credit and Collections Professionals