U.S. Patent Office Issues Sixth Patent Covering ‘Zero-Footprint’ Medical Image Viewers to Heart Imaging Technologies, LLC
DURHAM, N.C., May 1, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Heart IT, the global leader that pioneered the first FDA approved zero footprint medical imaging workstation, WebPAX®, announced today the award of its sixth patent covering “zero-footprint” medical image viewing technologies. “Zero-footprint” technologies allow health care professionals to view medical images using any computing platform with a standard Internet web browser.
This includes Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla’s Firefox, Apple’s Safari, and Google’s Chrome on Windows-based desktop and laptop PCs in addition to Macintosh-based desktops and laptops. Further, WebPAX® enables users of mobile devices to access medical images through standard browsers on Apple’s iPad and iPhone, as well as all Google Android tablets and cell phones.
Without “zero-footprint” technologies, medical images can only be viewed by installing proprietary software that is different for each web browser, each operating system, and each hardware device.
U.S. Patent Number 8166381 issued on April 24, 2012. Heart IT’s “zero footprint” intellectual property portfolio also includes five previously-issued U.S. Patents: 6934698, 7457656, 7668835, 7958100, and 8055636. HeartIT’s intellectual property coverage for its issued patents extends through the year 2025. Additional related patents are pending review by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
About Heart IT:
Founded in 2000 and headquartered near North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park, Heart IT is a global leader in the medical image web enablement field. Their flagship product, WebPAX®, was the world’s first FDA approved zero foot-print medical image workstation. It provides web-based medical image management technology and services to health care systems, large hospitals and private clinics as well as drug and device companies sponsoring multi-center clinical trials. Worldwide, WebPAX® systems currently provide secure web browser access to over one billion medical images. For more information visit our website at http://www.heartit.com .
“WebPAX” is a registered trademark of Heart Imaging Technologies, LLC. All other trademarks acknowledged.
News Source: Heart Imaging Technologies :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 1, 2012 at 8:59 am, and is filed under Durham, DURHAM, N.C., Heart Imaging Technologies, Heart IT WebPAX, Internet, Medical and Health Products, North Carolina, Patent and Trademark. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Four Seasons Chaplain and Grief Counselor Michael Lee Shares 10 Ways to Cope with Loss During the Holidays
- Atlanta-Based Valiant Horizon Announces Dutch DJ-Producer Rodger Forrest as the Latest Artist to Join Its Label Roster
- Whiteflash Becomes Tacori Platinum Partner
- US Cable System Operators Offset Video Losses with Growth in Business Services, says Insight Research Corp.
- Right at Home Dayton honors caregivers during National Caregivers Appreciation Month
- Angara’s Early Cyber Monday Deal to Kick Start the Holiday Season
- Stunning Panoramic Photos of New York, Toronto, and Bryce Canyon by Andrew Prokos Win at 2013 Epson International Pano Awards
- Retail Expert Doug Fleener’s Tips for Being Nice to Retail Employees This Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Day: EaseUS MobiSaver Offers 50 percent Discount and Get Free WinxDVD Video Converter
- SiliconIndia Selects TeamF1 as One of Top Ten Enterprise Security Companies for 2013