The MWM model series – innovation and constant development
Mannheim, March 1, 2012 | After two years of constant development, the new version of the TCG 2032 (the largest MWM genset) was launched in January 2012. Optimized spark plugs and turbocharger technology have resulted in electrical efficiency of up to 44.2% with an output of 3,333 to 4,3000 kWe (in the V12 and V16 cylinder versions). Thanks to excellent operational experience, the period of operation up to the major overhaul has been increased from 64,000 hours to 80,000 hours.
After the successful launch of the TCG 2020K in April 2010, MWM extended its product range in the autumn of the same year to include the TCG 2020K1 system, which delivers up to 1,000 kWe. This new genset with electrical efficiency of up to 40% can be operated with natural gas under many different environmental conditions. It combines low operating and maintenance costs with the dynamic load response capabilities and robustness of the tried and tested TCG 2020K series. Customers are thus guaranteed an excellent price-performance ratio and a shorter amortization period. Furthermore, nano-coated intercoolers also improve operational safety when the intake air is of poor quality.
MWM recently launched an improved TCG 2016 C which can also be used with biogas. It is available for both 50 and 60 Hz. The TCG 2016 C series is available in the V8, V12 and V16 versions. Systematic optimization of the ignition and the TEM (Total Electronic Management) control system guarantee improved load balancing over all the cylinders. The anti-knocking controller has also undergone further improvement. The combination of optimized throttle valves, a new actuator for the gas mixer and a nano-coated intercooler ensures that the genset lasts even longer and is even less sensitive to external influences. Thanks to these improvement measures, the new genset achieves a maximum efficiency of 42.8% with biogas.
For more information please see the following link: http://www.mwm.net/en/products/aggregates/
The long-established company MWM in Mannheim, Germany, is one of the world’s leading system providers of highly efficient and eco-friendly complete plants for decentralized power supply with gas and diesel engines. For 140 years, the company has stood for the reliable, uninterrupted provision of electricity, heat, and cooling at all times and at any location. MWM has 1,250 employees around the globe.
Frank Fuhrmann – Head of Communication & PR
Obere Stahlindustrie 4
- 20 years MAZeT: New visual identity and slogan “our system. your success.”
- Citroen showcase under the X-GLOO tent
- dotSaarland GmbH Applies for .SAARLAND – The Domain Extension for the Federal State Saarland
- The Stockmeier Group now also in Shanghai
- 12 MWp Power Plant by Emmvee
- Fresh breeze at the IFAT ENTSORGA 2012: HOK activated carbon based on lignite is an adsorption and catalyst material much in demand for sewage and waste-gas cleaning
- Fresh breeze at the IFAT ENTSORGA 2012: Lignite from the Rhineland ensures clean air
- IFAT 2012: HOK activated lignite in action around the world as efficient filter technology in environmental protection
- Rheinbraun Brennstoff GmbH presents innovative energy strategies at the road-construction trade fair in Kielce
- Emmvee Group Starts Photovoltaic Project Development