The Foot Pain Center Announces the 28th Annual Shoe Drive for the Homeless
SEAL BEACH, Calif., May 17, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Since 1984 Dr. Marc Spitz of the Foot Pain Center has been conducting a Shoe Drive to distribute thousands of shoes to local homeless shelters in Long Beach and Orange County. The 28th annual Shoe Drive takes place June 11-15, 2012.
Dr. Spitz started the Shoe Drive program after hearing from his patients – especially from women – they often had a closet full of shoes in excellent condition that were no longer being worn.
“I thought that these shoes could be put to good use at homeless shelters. Many residents of these shelters suffer from a wide variety of foot problems from wearing improper shoes – conditions like bunions, corns, calluses and heel pain. Some have diabetes and peripheral neuropathy which is particularly dangerous if the wrong shoe style or size is worn,” says Dr. Spitz.
Following the Shoe Drive, Dr. Spitz resumes his regular duties as the director of the Foot Pain Center and CEO of Footpaincenter.com – a company that provides information on foot pain, foot conditions, and comfort and performance footwear; and foot health for diabetes.
“The Shoe Drive has been an incredibly rewarding experience. Since its inception we have donated over 30,000 shoes to homeless shelters. The donated shoes provide comfort and protection and in some cases the dressier shoes are worn for job interviews.”
Information about the Shoe Drive: June 11-15, 2012 – shoes in good condition should be dropped off at the Foot Pain Center: 1920 St. Andrews Drive, Seal Beach, CA 90740
About Dr. Marc Spitz:
Dr. Spitz is a well known author and lecturer and a leading podiatrist in Southern California. He graduated from The California College of Podiatric Medicine in 1973 and was the chief podiatry resident at Magnolia Hospital in Long Beach California. He is the co-author of “The Numb Foot Book” (ISBN: 978-0978182052), a guide to the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral neuropathy. His recently published article, alternative treatment options for the management of diabetic neuropathy, appeared in the Pain Practitioner – the Journal for the American Academy of Pain Management.
- Photo Caption: Dr. Marc Spitz of the Foot Pain Center.
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 17, 2012 at 9:58 am, and is filed under Corporate Social Responsibility - CSR, Dr Marc Spitz, Events, Foot Pain Center, Medical, Seal Beach, SEAL BEACH, Calif., shoes drive for homeless. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Remo Recover for Android: Remo’s New Android Data Recovery Application Launched
- VirtualTech Believes EaseUS’ Data Backup and Recovery Solution is a Better Choice
- Hollywood Meets Nashville as Jane Bach, Sandra Piller, Kelly Fitzgerald and Joey Sykes Perform a Songwriter’s Round at Genghis Cohen
- EPIC adds Patrick McCaleb and Phil Grove as Principals in Fresno
- SpaceX Utilizes Tiger-Tight Corp’s Friction Washer Technology for Its First Mission to The International Space Station
- Young Marines youth organization announces the Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Division Awards program with DEA
- Five Questions to Ask a Long-Term Care Specialist Following the Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
- PCM Field Services and Lake Forest Community Association to Help Family in Need
- Anytime Collect 2.0.4 Provides Automated Accounts Receivable and Collections Management for Business Credit and Collections Professionals
- Allstar Coaches Redefines Luxury RV Travel