Telecom OSS Spending to Reach $67 Billion in 2016, says Insight Research Corp.
MOUNTAIN LAKES, N.J., March 12, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The global market for operations support systems (OSS) – the computing and software IT infrastructure that performs engineering, provisioning, and management functions in telecommunications networks – will exceed $67 billion in 2016, according to a new report by Insight Research.
Telecommunications industry spending for OSS is expected to mirror the forecasted growth in service revenue over the next five years, indicating that the industry is expecting sustainable growth in the years ahead.
According to “Operations Support Systems, 2011-2016,” telecommunications network operators worldwide are forecasted to increase their investment in OSS at a compounded rate of 5.9 over the next five years.
North American investment in the computing and software systems used to acquire, serve, and bill customers will lag worldwide investment, growing at a compounded rate of 4.6 percent over the same period, while OSS expenditures made by carriers in the Asia, Europe, and Latin America regions will grow at 6.3 percent.
The report found that telecommunications service providers are investing most heavily in those OSS needed to support wireless 3G and 4G services. Over the forecast period, annual OSS spending to support broadband wireless will increase from $3 billion today to $22 billion in 2016.
“Telecommunications providers will continue to invest in systems that streamline their operations – particularly in growth areas such as customer care and network engineering for wireless services,” says Insight director Fran Caulfield. “Our research confirms continued strong growth for both wireless services and the operations systems that support the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, and mobility applications,” concluded Caulfield.
“Operations Support Systems, 2011-2016″ forecasts global IT infrastructure spending for billing, customer care, planning/engineering, provisioning/inventory, trouble repair, network management, business management, and workforce management systems. It also projects the professional services expenditures required to implement those systems by type of carrier in four regions: North America; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; Asia/Pacific; and Latin America/Caribbean.
A free report excerpt, table of contents, and ordering information is online at http://www.insight-corp.com/reports/oss11.asp .
This report is available immediately for $4,695 (hard copy). Electronic (PDF) reports can also be ordered online. Visit our Website, or call 973-541-9600 for details.
News Source: Insight Research Corporation :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on March 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm, and is filed under Advertising, Business, Insight Research Corporation, Mountain Lakes, MOUNTAIN LAKES, N.J., New Jersey, Operations Support Systems, Reports and Studies, Telecommunications and VoIP. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Book Lends Welcome Warmth to Last-Minute Hostess Gift Decisions
- Vallejo California Celebrates the Mad Hatter Holiday Festival throughout the City during December
- ShortSave, Inc. Distressed Mortgage Work Out Solution Wins 2014 Servicing Trailblazer Award
- Small Business Are Uniting Across the Country for Success
- Verify Smart Corporation Finalizes Joint Venture with Global Technologies International Limited Group
- ‘Drive Safer Sunday’ is November 30: Reminds Drivers of Special Danger on Year’s Busiest Travel Day
- Silicon Valley/South Bay New Year’s Eve 2014 at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara by Professionals Guild with Live Music and DJ
- EPIC expands with the acquisition of Greyling Insurance Brokerage and Risk Consulting
- The SUDC Foundation commends the Senate’s passage of the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- ArteQuesta Announces Limited Edition Art Print From Urban Artist Evan Skrederstu