TACPA Announces Quarterly CPE Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
DALLAS, Texas, April 23, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Texas Association of Certified Public Accountants (TACPA – www.tacpa.net) announced today the opening of registration for its 2012 Spring Meeting and CPE Sessions. This conference is open to all Texas-licensed CPAs and meets all Texas CPE requirements.
The sessions will include “Compilation, Review and White Paper Engagement Under New SSARs (Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services),” IRS Updates, State Tax Essentials, and other topics totaling 12 hours of CPE credit. The conference will begin Friday May 18 at 8 a.m. and the final session will conclude at 3 p.m. on Saturday May 19, 2012.
TACPA presents courses targeted at the needs of the independent practitioner and small-practice CPA.
The conference is designed to provide CPAs, particularly independent or small-office practitioners, the opportunity to accumulate credits towards their annual CPE requirements as well as offer a forum to network with other CPA professionals and share ideas, experiences and best practices.
“These days, many CPAs are completing their CPE requirements online. While that’s a perfectly viable strategy, there still is a need for a place where you can meet with your peers from time to time. When you work independently, it’s awfully nice to be able to occasionally share ideas, thoughts, and experiences face to face,” said Dave Brown, Executive Director of the TACPA.
The 2012 Spring Meeting marks our third quarterly meeting of the fiscal year and will be held May 18 and 19 at:
The Doubletree Hotel – San Antonio Airport
37 NE Loop 410 (@ McCullough)
San Antonio, TX 78216.
Those interested in attending may register at http://conta.cc/SpringCPE .
TACPA will be holding its Annual Meeting and elections in Houston, Texas in August and will host a Fall meeting in Dallas in November. Information on future meetings can be found at the TACPA website: http://tacpa.net .
The Texas Association of Certified Public Accountants was founded in 2001 to provide a voice to the independent practitioner and small-practice CPA. TACPA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to representing the interests of the small office CPA in Texas.
News Source: Texas Association of Certified Public Accountants :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on April 23, 2012 at 10:55 pm, and is filed under Dallas, DALLAS, Texas, Education, Events, small-practice CPA, Texas Association of Certified Public Accountants, Texas CPA. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Four Seasons Chaplain and Grief Counselor Michael Lee Shares 10 Ways to Cope with Loss During the Holidays
- Atlanta-Based Valiant Horizon Announces Dutch DJ-Producer Rodger Forrest as the Latest Artist to Join Its Label Roster
- Whiteflash Becomes Tacori Platinum Partner
- US Cable System Operators Offset Video Losses with Growth in Business Services, says Insight Research Corp.
- Right at Home Dayton honors caregivers during National Caregivers Appreciation Month
- Angara’s Early Cyber Monday Deal to Kick Start the Holiday Season
- Stunning Panoramic Photos of New York, Toronto, and Bryce Canyon by Andrew Prokos Win at 2013 Epson International Pano Awards
- Retail Expert Doug Fleener’s Tips for Being Nice to Retail Employees This Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Day: EaseUS MobiSaver Offers 50 percent Discount and Get Free WinxDVD Video Converter
- SiliconIndia Selects TeamF1 as One of Top Ten Enterprise Security Companies for 2013