Small Business Owner Gives Back to Community and Collects 2,000 Pounds of Food in Three Months
PALM SPRINGS, Calif., May 15, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing, Inc., a Palm Springs plumbing contractor, announced this week that it has now reached the three-ton mark in collecting food for community donations. This past ton was collected within three months.
“We’ve had such a public outpouring of food donations,” Kelly Russum, president, KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing Inc., says. “We donate all of the food to Martha’s Village & Kitchen and they help to distribute to those people in need. However, we always need more. The more the public gets involved, the more food we have to help those people right in our own backyard.”
Jimmica Guess, Community Relations Manager for the Mission Advancement Team at Martha’s Village & Kitchen, explains that the food boxes are used for distribution through the emergency services department.
“There are many people at the poverty level in the community who will need assistance with food from time to time. We provide them with enough food for three to four days for whatever number of people they have in their family,” Guess says. “They can receive one box every 60 days.”
Products in the food boxes include items such as canned meats, soups, grains, cereal and peanut butter.
KC’s makes it easy for people to donate. They can stop into their office, or even give food to a driver who is in their area. Additionally, monetary donations are also accepted and KC’s will purchase food with the money.
“I’ve been lucky enough to build and sustain a successful business in this community,” Russum says. “Now, it’s time to give back to the community that has made it possible. Everyone needs helps every now and again and it’s our goal to see that they get it.”
Food drives take place year round and after each ton is collected, it is boxed and donated.
About KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing, Inc.:
In business for 30 years, KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing, Inc. is a full-service Palm Springs plumbing contractor that services and installs complete plumbing systems. The company provides 24-hour emergency service, seven days per week.
Its motto says it all: “We’re the good guys your friends told you about.”
For more information, visit: www.Kcs23.com .
About Martha’s Village & Kitchen:
Martha’s Village & Kitchen, a partner of Father Joe’s Villages, was founded in 1990 and is the largest provider of comprehensive homeless services in Riverside County. In addition to continuum of care services, it also provides services to the community through emergency services such as food boxes, clothing vouchers, infant supplies, utility, transportation and rent assistance and a daily public meal.
For more information, visit: www.mvk.org .
News Source: KC’s 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing Inc. :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm, and is filed under Corporate Social Responsibility - CSR, food drive, General Editorial, Home and Garden, KC's 23 1/2 Hour Plumbing Inc., Martha's Village and Kitchen, Palm Springs, PALM SPRINGS, Calif.. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Fifth Annual Magdelena Bash Arizona Wine Harvest and Music Festival Scheduled for August 23 at Kief-Joshua Vineyards
- Denver’s Newest and Largest Floatation Center Has Just Opened Its Doors
- New Book Concerns the Fate of Malaysia Flight MH370
- Easeusapp Launches PhonTunes for iOS to Deliver New YouTube Music Videos Experience to Music Fans
- New Upgrade! EaseUS Releases Todo PCTrans 7.0 with Advanced Data Migration Solution
- Scott Law Firm Automates Name Permutation Searches for Military Personnel to Comply with SCRA, Quandis Technology Enables
- iConcepts Inc. Announces the Release of OIC Tax Planner Online – Tax Resolution Software for the EA, CPA and Attorney
- Valiant Horizon Announces Remixes of ‘Ready’ Single by American EDM Artist Terry Sartor Produced by German Electronic Musician Jerome Klark
- Luxuryville Records to Release Their Debut Exploration Into the Dub Genre with ‘Dubtronica, Vol. I’
- NHL Franchise Carolina Hurricanes Select Massey Consulting to Implement Intacct Financial Accounting