San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board Seeks 60 Entrepreneurs
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., May 10, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board invites dislocated workers, veterans and county residents 18 years and older who want to launch their own Internet or service-based business to enroll in an entrepreneur training program. The board will fund training for 60 participants and the deadline to enroll is May 18, 2012.
“Entrepreneurship is a viable career alternative for dislocated workers,” said Sandy Harmsen, Executive Director of the San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board. “According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, small businesses produced the largest amount of employment in 2010, generating 72.1 percent of net new positions.”
The Workforce Investment Board is partnering with Empact (www.iempact.com) to provide the training necessary to start a business with little start-up capital. Attendees will learn how to develop their business inexpensively while creating enough profit to earn a living wage.
The training requires a one-year commitment. Each participant will receive a full-day of training followed by weekly trainings for the first month, and monthly virtual trainings for the remainder of the year. Each participant will be assigned a mentor to support them throughout the program.
“Entrepreneurship is vital to San Bernardino County’s economic growth and prosperity,” said Josie Gonzales, San Bernardino County Chair and Fifth District Supervisor. “I encourage residents who are thinking of starting their own businesses to take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn proven, real life tools shared by successful entrepreneurs.”
To apply, San Bernardino County residents may visit one of the three Employment Resource Centers to take the assessment. To find the nearest location, please visit www.sbcstartup.com or call (800) 451-JOBS.
About the Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County:
The Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County is comprised of private business representatives and public partners appointed by the County Board of Supervisors. The Board strives to strengthen the skills of the County’s workforce through partnerships with business, education and community-based organizations.
The Workforce Investment Board, through the County’s Economic Development Agency and Department of Workforce Development, operates the County’s Employment Resource Centers (ERCs) and Business Resource Centers (BRCs). The ERCs provide individuals with job training, placement and the tools to strengthen their skills to achieve a higher quality of life. The BRCs support and provide services to the County’s businesses including employee recruitment.
News Source: Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 10, 2012 at 11:59 am, and is filed under Business, Economic Development, employment, entrepreneur training program, San Bernardino, SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Healthcare Insights to Exhibit Costing Solutions at Becker’s Hospital Review Annual Meeting in Chicago
- NCGA House of Representatives to Honor Hoogstra, Hendersonville Hospice Contributions with Resolution
- Charity Car Show to Benefit local Boy Scouts and Shoppers Can Receive a Gift with $150 Purchase
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn Selected to Showcase in Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Laguna College of Art and Design Announces Jonathan Burke Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Celebration of 35th Anniversary
- Homecare-Friendly Long-Term Care Plans from ACSIA Partners Let Seniors Continue Living at Home and Save Money Too
- DocMagic to Launch Collaborative Closing Platform to Meet TRID Requirements
- Release and Book Signing of BioTE Medical President Gary Donovitz M.D. ‘Age Healthier Live Happier’ at Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG) Conference
- Innovative Technique to Cover Up Tattoos at BLVD Tattoo Studio
- Want your children to thrive and become goal-setting high achievers? Tune in to the Lads to Leaders documentary