Party for a Cause with World Savvy in Minneapolis on May 17, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn., May 1, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Celebrate a decade of global education programs with World Savvy on May 17, 2012 at the RSP Architects in Minneapolis. The Celebration is the premier fundraising event in support of World Savvy’s mission to educate and engage youth in community and world affairs, preparing them to learn, work and thrive as responsible global citizens in the 21st century.
The Celebration in Minneapolis is the last in a series of celebration events hosted by World Savvy this spring to commemorate a decade of work in building a more informed, engaged, and globally competent generation of leaders and change-makers. World Savvy has reached more than 250,000 youth and 2000 teachers. The Minneapolis Celebration will feature entertainment by Sublime Curve, an open bar featuring craft beer from Finnegan’s, and global fusion cuisine provided by D’Amico Catering.
Dana Mortenson, the co-founder and Executive Director of World Savvy and a 2011 Ashoka Social Entrepreneurship Fellow, will give an inspirational keynote speech. Guests will participate in exciting silent and live auctions for a range of exclusive items including vacation packages, exclusive behind-the-scene tours, gift certificates to premier Minneapolis restaurants and limited edition designer jewelry.
Tickets are $100 for general admission. Guests also have the opportunity to purchase a “Champion” ticket which includes general admission for one plus sponsorship of one educator to attend the event.
For more information on event sponsorship, purchasing tickets, or donating to the live and silent auctions please visit http://worldsavvy.org/donate/10th-Anniversary-Celebrations/ or contact Charmagne Campbell-Patton at email@example.com or 612-564-6938.
About World Savvy:
With the mission to educate and engage youth in community and world affairs, World Savvy (www.worldsavvy.org) prepares the next generation of leaders to learn, work and thrive as responsible global citizens in the 21st century. It was founded in 2002 in response to the critical unmet need for youth to acquire global knowledge and 21st century skills and an absence of quality, mainstreamed global education opportunities for K-12 students and teachers.
World Savvy’s work supports systemic change in K-12 education to provide every student in every classroom with the content knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be leaders and change-makers in their diverse communities, locally and globally. Since 2002, World Savvy has worked with over 250,000 youth and 2,000 educators, through core programming including youth engagement, professional development, customized consulting, and educational E-resources.
- Incident Triggers Investigation as to Whether Patient Information May Have Been Improperly Accessed
- Remo Recover for Android: Remo’s New Android Data Recovery Application Launched
- VirtualTech Believes EaseUS’ Data Backup and Recovery Solution is a Better Choice
- Hollywood Meets Nashville as Jane Bach, Sandra Piller, Kelly Fitzgerald and Joey Sykes Perform a Songwriter’s Round at Genghis Cohen
- EPIC adds Patrick McCaleb and Phil Grove as Principals in Fresno
- SpaceX Utilizes Tiger-Tight Corp’s Friction Washer Technology for Its First Mission to The International Space Station
- Young Marines youth organization announces the Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Division Awards program with DEA
- Five Questions to Ask a Long-Term Care Specialist Following the Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
- PCM Field Services and Lake Forest Community Association to Help Family in Need
- Anytime Collect 2.0.4 Provides Automated Accounts Receivable and Collections Management for Business Credit and Collections Professionals