Party for a Cause with World Savvy in Minneapolis on May 17, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn., May 1, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Celebrate a decade of global education programs with World Savvy on May 17, 2012 at the RSP Architects in Minneapolis. The Celebration is the premier fundraising event in support of World Savvy’s mission to educate and engage youth in community and world affairs, preparing them to learn, work and thrive as responsible global citizens in the 21st century.
The Celebration in Minneapolis is the last in a series of celebration events hosted by World Savvy this spring to commemorate a decade of work in building a more informed, engaged, and globally competent generation of leaders and change-makers. World Savvy has reached more than 250,000 youth and 2000 teachers. The Minneapolis Celebration will feature entertainment by Sublime Curve, an open bar featuring craft beer from Finnegan’s, and global fusion cuisine provided by D’Amico Catering.
Dana Mortenson, the co-founder and Executive Director of World Savvy and a 2011 Ashoka Social Entrepreneurship Fellow, will give an inspirational keynote speech. Guests will participate in exciting silent and live auctions for a range of exclusive items including vacation packages, exclusive behind-the-scene tours, gift certificates to premier Minneapolis restaurants and limited edition designer jewelry.
Tickets are $100 for general admission. Guests also have the opportunity to purchase a “Champion” ticket which includes general admission for one plus sponsorship of one educator to attend the event.
For more information on event sponsorship, purchasing tickets, or donating to the live and silent auctions please visit http://worldsavvy.org/donate/10th-Anniversary-Celebrations/ or contact Charmagne Campbell-Patton at email@example.com or 612-564-6938.
About World Savvy:
With the mission to educate and engage youth in community and world affairs, World Savvy (www.worldsavvy.org) prepares the next generation of leaders to learn, work and thrive as responsible global citizens in the 21st century. It was founded in 2002 in response to the critical unmet need for youth to acquire global knowledge and 21st century skills and an absence of quality, mainstreamed global education opportunities for K-12 students and teachers.
World Savvy’s work supports systemic change in K-12 education to provide every student in every classroom with the content knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be leaders and change-makers in their diverse communities, locally and globally. Since 2002, World Savvy has worked with over 250,000 youth and 2,000 educators, through core programming including youth engagement, professional development, customized consulting, and educational E-resources.
- Civic Resource Group International (CRGI) Participates in Microsoft CityNext
- ImageAMMO LLC and MobileMoment LLC Partner to Reach Consumers through Mobile Marketing
- GAME: A NEW concept Sports Bar opening yards from Ravens Stadium and Oriole Park in South Baltimore
- Energy Optimizers, USA, vice president to participate in advocacy trip to Washington, D.C.
- Author Kelly Browne Reissues Thank-You Note Book: ‘101 Ways To Say Thank You’ with Social Media Tips
- Mueller Offers a Metal Building to a Deserving Texas Non-Profit Organization for the 7th Straight Year
- Spodak Dental Group Named as a Top Workplace in South Florida
- Emilio N. Francisco, PDC CEO, Sees Diversification of EB-5 Investor Pool as a Positive Evolution of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
- American Roofing and Building Supply Sustains Wind and Hail Damage
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance Announces a New Veterans Hiring Initiative with Hire America’s Heroes