NCH Helps Individuals and Families Plan for Important Healthcare Decisions
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., March 30, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) in Arlington Heights is holding a free seminar to provide individuals with guidance and resources for expressing their healthcare wishes before an unexpected medical circumstance occurs. Join the Reverend Gwynne Wright of NCH’s Spiritual Care Services from 10 – 11 a.m. on Monday, April 16, in the hospital auditorium at 800 W. Central Road in Arlington Heights, as she leads “Making Healthcare Decisions Work for You and Your Family.”
When life brings an unpredictable illness or a serious injury, the accompanying physical and emotional challenges can be overwhelming. There are treatment options to consider, doctor appointments to schedule, and financial questions to address. The burden to make these decisions can affect loved ones, too.
At the seminar NCH experts as well as specialists from Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter will review care options for complex illnesses, explain how to prepare an advance directive and discuss patients’ healthcare rights and legal options.
“Although this may be a difficult topic to discuss, it’s important to share your healthcare wishes with family and loved ones before a medical crisis takes place,” said Karen Colby, director of Palliative Care at NCH. “Having advance directives already in place will ensure your personal healthcare preferences are followed, even if you are too sick to make decisions. Establishing a plan and making your wishes known will lessen the burdens and stress placed on loved ones.”
Following the program, NCH chaplains and social workers will be available to assist attendees with completing their healthcare decisions forms. To register for this free seminar and to schedule a private consultation, call HealthConnection today at 847.618.4YOU (4968), or visit http://www.nch.org .
About Northwest Community Healthcare:
Northwest Community Healthcare (www.nch.org) includes a 496-bed hospital in Arlington Heights that serves approximately 30,000 inpatients and 350,000 outpatients each year, as well as the Busse Center for Specialty Medicine, Day Surgery Center, Home Care, Mobile Dental Clinic, Wellness Center, Youth Center, NCH Medical Group and four immediate care centers in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Media Contact: Adam Zuckerman at 847.618.5504 or email@example.com.
News Source: Northwest Community Healthcare :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on March 30, 2012 at 10:59 am, and is filed under Arlington Heights, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., Events, Family, Hospitals and Nursing, Illinois, Midwest Palliative and Hospice CareCenter, Northwest Community Healthcare, Reverend Gwynne Wright. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Fifth Annual Magdelena Bash Arizona Wine Harvest and Music Festival Scheduled for August 23 at Kief-Joshua Vineyards
- Denver’s Newest and Largest Floatation Center Has Just Opened Its Doors
- New Book Concerns the Fate of Malaysia Flight MH370
- Easeusapp Launches PhonTunes for iOS to Deliver New YouTube Music Videos Experience to Music Fans
- New Upgrade! EaseUS Releases Todo PCTrans 7.0 with Advanced Data Migration Solution
- Scott Law Firm Automates Name Permutation Searches for Military Personnel to Comply with SCRA, Quandis Technology Enables
- iConcepts Inc. Announces the Release of OIC Tax Planner Online – Tax Resolution Software for the EA, CPA and Attorney
- Valiant Horizon Announces Remixes of ‘Ready’ Single by American EDM Artist Terry Sartor Produced by German Electronic Musician Jerome Klark
- Luxuryville Records to Release Their Debut Exploration Into the Dub Genre with ‘Dubtronica, Vol. I’
- NHL Franchise Carolina Hurricanes Select Massey Consulting to Implement Intacct Financial Accounting