National Youth Organization’s Call-to-Action Campaign Raises Awareness to the American Flag during June 2012
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 8, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Executive Director, Mike Kessler, of the national non-profit youth education and service program for boys and girls, the Young Marines, announces a call-to-action campaign to over 300 Young Marine units across the country to participate in the organization’s 2nd annual “Raising Awareness to the Flag” initiative during National Flag Week in June.
The week of June 14 is designated as National Flag Week when the President of the United States will issue a proclamation urging U.S. citizens to fly the American flag for the duration of that week. Flag Day is June 14 annually.
Most Americans can tell you what day of the year that Independence Day, or Veterans Day lands on each year, but Flag Day and National Flag Week is commonly an overlooked event. This is not to say that this special day to honor our flag has been forgotten. Many communities and civic groups arrange special ceremonies on, or around, Flag Day and National Flag Week each year; and, the Young Marines youth organization is no exception.
“Young Marine units are very active in civic events to honor the American flag, and they do so all year long,” says Kessler, “We believe that we can do even more as a national organization to help inform and enlighten the status of Flag Day and National Flag Week in our communities nationwide.”
Young Marine youth members are encouraged to not only participate in Flag Day/National Flag Week, but to take it a step further to raise awareness and create excitement in their communities surrounding the celebration across the country. During the Young Marines “Raising Awareness to the Flag” campaign, units will use a variety of venues and communication resources, such as their local media and community events.
Community organizations are encouraged to contact local Young Marine units when planning their Flag Day activities in their town. To find a unit near you, visit: www.YoungMarines.com and click on the “Find a Unit” link at the top of the national homepage.
Media outlets might consider interviews with local youth members of the Young Marines. Producers and editors can contact the national Director of Public Relations, Janelle Johnsen for more ideas tailored to your viewers/readership at: email@example.com.
About the Young Marines youth organization:
The Young Marines is a national non-profit 501(c)3 youth education and service program for boys and girls ages 8 through completion of high school. The program focuses on teaching the values of leadership, teamwork and self-discipline so its members can live and promote a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. The national organization is comprised of over 10,000 youths and 2,800 adult volunteers in nearly 300 units across the United States.
For more information about the Young Marines youth organization, visit the official website: http://www.YoungMarines.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 8, 2012 at 12:58 pm, and is filed under District of Columbia, Military, National Flag Week, NonProfit, Washington State, WASHINGTON, D.C., Young Marines, youth education. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Remo Recover for Android: Remo’s New Android Data Recovery Application Launched
- VirtualTech Believes EaseUS’ Data Backup and Recovery Solution is a Better Choice
- Hollywood Meets Nashville as Jane Bach, Sandra Piller, Kelly Fitzgerald and Joey Sykes Perform a Songwriter’s Round at Genghis Cohen
- EPIC adds Patrick McCaleb and Phil Grove as Principals in Fresno
- SpaceX Utilizes Tiger-Tight Corp’s Friction Washer Technology for Its First Mission to The International Space Station
- Young Marines youth organization announces the Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Division Awards program with DEA
- Five Questions to Ask a Long-Term Care Specialist Following the Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
- PCM Field Services and Lake Forest Community Association to Help Family in Need
- Anytime Collect 2.0.4 Provides Automated Accounts Receivable and Collections Management for Business Credit and Collections Professionals
- Allstar Coaches Redefines Luxury RV Travel