More Than Skin Deep: Dr. Trevicia Williams Responds to Dallas Texas Being #1 During Women’s History Month
DALLAS, Texas, Feb. 22, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Women’s History Month celebrates triumphant women and mothers who empowered themselves through education then nurtured their daughters and paved the way for them to have access as well. A local celebration will be held on Saturday, March 3: “Beauty Inside Out Fierce You” is an event for professional and entrepreneurial women to attend, be empowered, gain personal and business insight through educational seminars, have fun with fashion and build their business networks.
During an equally powerful after-event workshop on Saturday March 3 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dallas, author and former Texas child bride Dr. Trevicia Williams will extend education and empowerment to mothers and teen daughters while addressing the alarming statistic that Dallas Texas is #1 in the nation for repeat teen pregnancies.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancies teen pregnancies in the U.S. is declining; however, Texas is still number 3 in the nation for teen births.
In the spirit of prevention and healthy relationships, Dr. Trevicia Williams designed the free “Real Beauty Inside Out” workshop for mothers and teen daughters to communicate, connect, build, bond and grow as a result of the interactive intervention.
“Getting through the ‘I Love You But I Can’t Stand You Right Now’ time in the relationship can be tough,” says Dr. Trevicia Williams. Mothers and teen daughters will learn tools for effective communication and the fundamentals of building healthy relationships.
The workshop will also empower mothers and teen daughters during the sometimes stressful and rebellious teen years, says Dr. Trevicia Williams. This limited seating free workshop draws participants from the Dallas, Highland Park and Frisco Independent School Districts.
“Communication is the lifeline of all relationships and this workshop helps mothers and daughters open up,” says Dr. Trevicia Williams.
Psychologist, talk show host and author of child bride memoir, “There Are Pearls In The Pain of Every Experience” (ISBN: 978-0974351988), Dr. Trevicia Williams ( http://www.treviciawilliams.com ), is on a mission to empower girls and women worldwide. From Texas child bride and teen mother to life strategist, Dr. Trevicia shares hard-earned wisdom and real-life strategies that inspire teens and motivate parents to unleash their power to communicate, realize their self-worth, build healthier relationships and realize their fullest potentials.
Dr. Trevicia Williams echoes Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew in questioning the effectiveness of reality shows like Teen Mom and MTV’s 16 and Pregnant. The shows focus on the realities of teens during adolescent years and the pains of growing up while being pregnant, but, simultaneously, seem to glamourize teen pregnancy.
“Leah Messer and Chelsea Houska teen mom reality stories can be prevented: Teens should stay teen. We should encourage children to be children, girls to be girls and boys to be boys, while they are children,” says Williams.
To learn more about the Real Beauty Inside Out Mother-Teen Daughter Workshop and other upcoming events or to get registered visit: http://www.realbeautyinsideout.com or see an overview on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/36525141
* Photo Caption: Author and Psychologist, Dr. Trevicia Williams.
News Source: Dr. Trevicia Williams :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on February 22, 2012 at 10:35 pm, and is filed under Dallas, DALLAS, Texas, Dr. Trevicia Williams, Events, Health, Real Beauty Inside Out, Texas child bride. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Civic Resource Group International (CRGI) Participates in Microsoft CityNext
- ImageAMMO LLC and MobileMoment LLC Partner to Reach Consumers through Mobile Marketing
- GAME: A NEW concept Sports Bar opening yards from Ravens Stadium and Oriole Park in South Baltimore
- Energy Optimizers, USA, vice president to participate in advocacy trip to Washington, D.C.
- Author Kelly Browne Reissues Thank-You Note Book: ‘101 Ways To Say Thank You’ with Social Media Tips
- Mueller Offers a Metal Building to a Deserving Texas Non-Profit Organization for the 7th Straight Year
- Spodak Dental Group Named as a Top Workplace in South Florida
- Emilio N. Francisco, PDC CEO, Sees Diversification of EB-5 Investor Pool as a Positive Evolution of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
- American Roofing and Building Supply Sustains Wind and Hail Damage
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance Announces a New Veterans Hiring Initiative with Hire America’s Heroes