More Than Skin Deep: Dr. Trevicia Williams Responds to Dallas Texas Being #1 During Women’s History Month
DALLAS, Texas, Feb. 22, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Women’s History Month celebrates triumphant women and mothers who empowered themselves through education then nurtured their daughters and paved the way for them to have access as well. A local celebration will be held on Saturday, March 3: “Beauty Inside Out Fierce You” is an event for professional and entrepreneurial women to attend, be empowered, gain personal and business insight through educational seminars, have fun with fashion and build their business networks.
During an equally powerful after-event workshop on Saturday March 3 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dallas, author and former Texas child bride Dr. Trevicia Williams will extend education and empowerment to mothers and teen daughters while addressing the alarming statistic that Dallas Texas is #1 in the nation for repeat teen pregnancies.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancies teen pregnancies in the U.S. is declining; however, Texas is still number 3 in the nation for teen births.
In the spirit of prevention and healthy relationships, Dr. Trevicia Williams designed the free “Real Beauty Inside Out” workshop for mothers and teen daughters to communicate, connect, build, bond and grow as a result of the interactive intervention.
“Getting through the ‘I Love You But I Can’t Stand You Right Now’ time in the relationship can be tough,” says Dr. Trevicia Williams. Mothers and teen daughters will learn tools for effective communication and the fundamentals of building healthy relationships.
The workshop will also empower mothers and teen daughters during the sometimes stressful and rebellious teen years, says Dr. Trevicia Williams. This limited seating free workshop draws participants from the Dallas, Highland Park and Frisco Independent School Districts.
“Communication is the lifeline of all relationships and this workshop helps mothers and daughters open up,” says Dr. Trevicia Williams.
Psychologist, talk show host and author of child bride memoir, “There Are Pearls In The Pain of Every Experience” (ISBN: 978-0974351988), Dr. Trevicia Williams ( http://www.treviciawilliams.com ), is on a mission to empower girls and women worldwide. From Texas child bride and teen mother to life strategist, Dr. Trevicia shares hard-earned wisdom and real-life strategies that inspire teens and motivate parents to unleash their power to communicate, realize their self-worth, build healthier relationships and realize their fullest potentials.
Dr. Trevicia Williams echoes Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew in questioning the effectiveness of reality shows like Teen Mom and MTV’s 16 and Pregnant. The shows focus on the realities of teens during adolescent years and the pains of growing up while being pregnant, but, simultaneously, seem to glamourize teen pregnancy.
“Leah Messer and Chelsea Houska teen mom reality stories can be prevented: Teens should stay teen. We should encourage children to be children, girls to be girls and boys to be boys, while they are children,” says Williams.
To learn more about the Real Beauty Inside Out Mother-Teen Daughter Workshop and other upcoming events or to get registered visit: http://www.realbeautyinsideout.com or see an overview on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/36525141
* Photo Caption: Author and Psychologist, Dr. Trevicia Williams.
News Source: Dr. Trevicia Williams :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on February 22, 2012 at 10:35 pm, and is filed under Dallas, DALLAS, Texas, Dr. Trevicia Williams, Events, Health, Real Beauty Inside Out, Texas child bride. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Book Lends Welcome Warmth to Last-Minute Hostess Gift Decisions
- Vallejo California Celebrates the Mad Hatter Holiday Festival throughout the City during December
- ShortSave, Inc. Distressed Mortgage Work Out Solution Wins 2014 Servicing Trailblazer Award
- Small Business Are Uniting Across the Country for Success
- Verify Smart Corporation Finalizes Joint Venture with Global Technologies International Limited Group
- ‘Drive Safer Sunday’ is November 30: Reminds Drivers of Special Danger on Year’s Busiest Travel Day
- Silicon Valley/South Bay New Year’s Eve 2014 at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara by Professionals Guild with Live Music and DJ
- EPIC expands with the acquisition of Greyling Insurance Brokerage and Risk Consulting
- The SUDC Foundation commends the Senate’s passage of the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- ArteQuesta Announces Limited Edition Art Print From Urban Artist Evan Skrederstu