Dig in Dirt to Find Unique Mother’s Day Gift for Mom – Ideal Way to Get the Kids Involved
DEARING, Ga., May 8, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — What could be more fun than playing in the dirt? How about playing with your kids in the dirt? With Mother’s Day approaching Sunday, May 13, now is a great time to create a beautiful blooming gift for mom, suggests Gardener’s Confidence Collection. With a little quick and easy research, dad and the kids can plant a decorative container of repeat blooming plants to provide a unique gift and long-lasting flowers for her enjoyment.
The Gardener’s Confidence Collection site provides a quick how-to video on creating container gardens: http://gardenersconfidence.com/Media/GC_Media_Center_Video.aspx .
For the container, simply select a watering can or pot that the kids can hand paint. Then fill it with re-blooming plants such as the Pinwheel Gardenia, an outstanding container plant that will add year-round evergreen beauty. Its whimsical white flowers with lovely fragrance and repeat blooms are abundant.
“Kids are sure to love the pinwheel-like flowers that look as though they are spinning against the dark green foliage. They can even snip them to bring inside in collected bottles and vases filled with water, confident that the plants will bloom again,” said Gardener’s Confidence Collection horticulturist Mike Sikes. “And mom will love the beauty and fragrance of the blossoms floating in a decorative bowl.
“For the perfect patio container for mom, let the kids pick out their favorite color of impatiens or begonias. Add a fern and some ivy, then top it off with a large, focal plant such as the Mini Penny Hydrangea. With its tight compact form and dependable re-blooming of pink or blue, the Mini Penny makes an excellent addition to a container and will last the summer,” Sikes said. “The Mini Penny also makes a great cut flower that the kids can bring inside for an easy floral arrangement for mom.”
And perfect for Mother’s Day, the name hydrangea means, appropriately, “thanks for understanding!”
For more information on Gardener’s Confidence Collection and its plant varieties, please visit www.gardenersconfidence.com .
About Gardener’s Confidence Collection:
The Gardener’s Confidence Collection brand ensures the best in disease resistance, prolific blooms, beautiful foliage and form. Billed as “A Garden You Can Count On,” its products represent years of breeding to ensure the plants’ success in the garden. Products include crapemyrtles, gardenias and hydrangeas grown by growers across the nation.
* Caption/cutline: A container garden created by the family and featuring the Mini Penny Hydrangea is the perfect Mother’s Day gift for mom.
News Source: Gardener’s Confidence Collection :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on May 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm, and is filed under Agribusiness, container garden, Dearing, DEARING, Ga., Family, Parenting and Children, Gardener's Confidence Collection, Georgia, Home and Garden, Mother's Day, Videos. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Book Lends Welcome Warmth to Last-Minute Hostess Gift Decisions
- Vallejo California Celebrates the Mad Hatter Holiday Festival throughout the City during December
- ShortSave, Inc. Distressed Mortgage Work Out Solution Wins 2014 Servicing Trailblazer Award
- Small Business Are Uniting Across the Country for Success
- Verify Smart Corporation Finalizes Joint Venture with Global Technologies International Limited Group
- ‘Drive Safer Sunday’ is November 30: Reminds Drivers of Special Danger on Year’s Busiest Travel Day
- Silicon Valley/South Bay New Year’s Eve 2014 at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara by Professionals Guild with Live Music and DJ
- EPIC expands with the acquisition of Greyling Insurance Brokerage and Risk Consulting
- The SUDC Foundation commends the Senate’s passage of the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- ArteQuesta Announces Limited Edition Art Print From Urban Artist Evan Skrederstu