Cell Phone Apps Revolutionize Caregiving
TORRANCE, Calif., June 19, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Smart phones have changed the way most of us do many things. Now they can aid those who provide in-home care for seniors or the disabled, according to Anna Chu Lin of Friends Beyond Borders.
Golden Days Senior Care Services, in Torrance, California, has released a list of some of the best apps for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android operating systems.
Some allow caregivers to track a patient’s drug intake, diet, medical visits, and other pertinent data. Some provide a checklist of symptoms to use in case of a medical emergency.
One app, My Geo for the Android OS, provides GPS tracking for seniors with a tendency to wander where they shouldn’t.
Another, Koi Pond, though not specifically created for this market, has been shown to aid in the treatment of Alzheimer’s patients.
Care Planner provides a medical records section, allows for notes during doctor visits, and contains a Message Board for contacting other caregivers.
Pain Care provides a way for patients who don’t communicate well verbally to register their level of discomfort using a series of visual images.
The new list is at http://cellphoneappsforcaregivers.net/ .
News Source: Friends Beyond Borders :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at the Send2Press for Journalists Portal: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
This entry was posted by Send2Press on June 19, 2012 at 9:46 pm, and is filed under Friends Beyond Borders, Golden Days Senior Care Services, Health, mobile apps for seniors, Opinion, Senior Citizen Interests, Torrance, TORRANCE, Calif.. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Incident Triggers Investigation as to Whether Patient Information May Have Been Improperly Accessed
- Remo Recover for Android: Remo’s New Android Data Recovery Application Launched
- VirtualTech Believes EaseUS’ Data Backup and Recovery Solution is a Better Choice
- Hollywood Meets Nashville as Jane Bach, Sandra Piller, Kelly Fitzgerald and Joey Sykes Perform a Songwriter’s Round at Genghis Cohen
- EPIC adds Patrick McCaleb and Phil Grove as Principals in Fresno
- SpaceX Utilizes Tiger-Tight Corp’s Friction Washer Technology for Its First Mission to The International Space Station
- Young Marines youth organization announces the Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Division Awards program with DEA
- Five Questions to Ask a Long-Term Care Specialist Following the Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
- PCM Field Services and Lake Forest Community Association to Help Family in Need
- Anytime Collect 2.0.4 Provides Automated Accounts Receivable and Collections Management for Business Credit and Collections Professionals