Adoptions of Textbook ‘Construction Project Management – a Managerial Approach’ Accelerate for Construction Management, Architecture and Real Estate College Programs
CHICAGO, Ill., March 27, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — “Construction Project Management – a Managerial Approach” (ISBN: 978-0-9799969-1-7) sales by Pareto Publishing have increased 400 percent each semester since publication in December 2010. This text uniquely provides the integration of construction management, project management and business management to enable a quantum leap in construction project quality, productivity and cost control-producing a competitive advantage essential in the now challenging United States construction market.
Demanding building owners in the United States manufacturing, power production, and energy distribution sectors have learned that simply soliciting multiple bids is no longer enough to achieve the results they seek, A paradigm shift to integrated project delivery employing more rigorous project management methodologies is needed. And all construction sectors in some areas outside the United States, particularly the Middle East, demand this improved project management capability and require the PMP (Project Management Professional) certification credential for new employees.
In the United States, the federal government GSA (General Services Administration) agency also makes the PMP credential preferred for new construction related employees – which can make it a de facto requirement in a competitive employment environment. This text is the first to integrate the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK(R) methodology, on which the PMP credential is based, into construction management to provide these now essential skills.
This text, authored by 40-year construction veteran JF McCarthy MBA CFM PMP, provides real world perspectives and skills to make the graduating students work ready-to win their first job and excel throughout their career. And it provides exactly the skills that the power generation and transmission constructions sectors, which have already rebounded and are now aggressively hiring, increasingly demand.
University adoptions and presales sales for the summer and fall of 2012 will continue the present text sales increase. With these continued increases “Construction Project Management – A Managerial Approach” will achieve a dominant share of the construction management academic market within 2-3 years. Winning the Axion Business Book, Indie Next Generation, and International Best Book Awards, it has also become popular with construction industry practitioners and is now in library collections worldwide. More information: www.paretobi.com .
Joe McCarthy of Pareto
This entry was posted by Send2Press on March 27, 2012 at 11:30 am, and is filed under Books and Publishing, CHICAGO, Ill., Construction and Building, Construction Project Management, Education, Illinois, Joe McCarthy, Pareto Publishing, publishing, textbook, U.S. Newswire Stories. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
- Healthcare Insights to Exhibit Costing Solutions at Becker’s Hospital Review Annual Meeting in Chicago
- NCGA House of Representatives to Honor Hoogstra, Hendersonville Hospice Contributions with Resolution
- Charity Car Show to Benefit local Boy Scouts and Shoppers Can Receive a Gift with $150 Purchase
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn Selected to Showcase in Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Laguna College of Art and Design Announces Jonathan Burke Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Celebration of 35th Anniversary
- Homecare-Friendly Long-Term Care Plans from ACSIA Partners Let Seniors Continue Living at Home and Save Money Too
- DocMagic to Launch Collaborative Closing Platform to Meet TRID Requirements
- Release and Book Signing of BioTE Medical President Gary Donovitz M.D. ‘Age Healthier Live Happier’ at Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG) Conference
- Innovative Technique to Cover Up Tattoos at BLVD Tattoo Studio
- Want your children to thrive and become goal-setting high achievers? Tune in to the Lads to Leaders documentary